The Board of Directors has initiated, in accordance with article 13 of the new statutes, the process of partial renewal of the Board of Directors.
- The election of an incoming President, who will replace the first Vice-President, Dr. Pedro Pintassilgo, and within two years, the current President.
- The election of two officers who will substitute Dra. Guiomar Martin-Herran and Dr. Alberto Ansuategi, who currently are carrying out their functions in the education and research area, respectively
For this reason, The Board of Directors, in accordance with article 14, has appointed a Nomination Committee composed by three members of the Association who have no position on the Board of Directors and who will be in charge of opening a deadline for nominations to members of the Board of Directors. Specifically, the nominating committee will be composed by:
- Dr. María Antonieta Cunha e Sá, AERNA president during the period (2008-2011).
- Dr. Emilio Cerdá, AERNA president during the period (2011-2015).
- Dr. Carmen Arguedas, member of the AERNA Board of Directors during the period (2011-2017)
The Board of Directors encourage all the members to participate in the electoral process that we will soon begin, either by making your right to stand as a candidate to the elections or to vote on the Election Day (July,1st).